Are you our next Senior Product Manager?
We are looking for a strong leader to drive our product as we scale and expand the business in the field of global luxury classifieds
We have since 2008 built a brand that now attracts a million users every month from all over the world. They come to browse some of the world’s finest items from thousands of businesses globally. Our main focus category is luxury real estate, and we work predominantly to enable connections between buyers and agencies in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
In 2018 we reignited the business with a new management team, and in 2019 we raised a pre-Series A round from VNV Global (BlaBlaCar, Babylon, VOI), which joined the ranks of our previous investors Piton Capital (Auto1, Fanduel).
We are now looking for a Senior Product Manager to participate in the next stage in the company’s history. You will be joining us during an extremely interesting period of expansion and growth (triple-digit YoY) towards our goal of becoming one of the world's leading classifieds platforms.
A driven product management expert
Our ambition is to position JamesEdition as the primary platform to find luxury homes globally. We are seeking an innovative Senior Product Manager to own and develop the buyer and agent experience of JamesEdition.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding all the pain points our private clients experience while trying to find their dream home, and our professional clients experience while trying to market the world’s best properties. You’ll be expected to come up with and validate creative ideas that offer solutions to our real client problems.
The scope of this role is broad and allows to build and develop expertise for a huge target audience. It requires a blend of technical & functional expertise, data fluency, user understanding, design sensitivity and business acumen.
This role will report to the CEO.
We consider ourselves a modern goal-oriented organization offering a flat hierarchy, minimum bureaucracy, high responsibility and remote-first culture, i.e. employees choose where to work with complete freedom.
We are an international team with experienced colleagues. The foundation of our product team is in place, but we’re looking for a leader who will build out their team. Thanks to our remote-first setup you will be able to hire globally.
We are looking for someone that is ready to take on this exciting challenge with a big mandate and plenty of resources to execute initiatives. We believe that the perfect candidate is results-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to innovate and a great communicator.
Your responsibilities will be
- Master the problem space of our product through a deep understanding of the usage by different types of clients and also by understanding the overall end-user needs on a marketplace platform.
- Work closely with other internal functions and stakeholders to ideate, analyze and validate solutions for growing usage by private and professional clients.
- Build and nurture the product vision and turn it into a strategy and a well-thought roadmap with your tech and design leads: you will make sure that we’re building the right features, with the right priorities, and with a good management of dependencies.
- Make sure your team / stakeholders understand and embrace it through your engaging communication
- Participate in the long-term thinking of the evolution of the business at JamesEdition.
- Ensure the correct delivery of features (pace of delivery, quality of delivery) relying on developers, PM and project manager. Develop ownership and empowerment of your team.
- Be obsessed by the impact of the features you ship by setting up clear metrics and measuring them over time.
- Communicate in a timely manner with other functions about important information, releases, etc.
What you get from us
- The world's largest luxury classifieds platform with strong backing from experienced investors
- Global work environment and international team
- Ambitious plans and a startup atmosphere
- Dedicated resources to reach set goals
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Unlimited vacation days
- Co-working budget
Skills & Requirements
- You're a hands-on product leader and absolutely love your craft
- You're highly analytical and can monitor, analyze, and iterate on features across the funnel
- You're really great at project management
- You are an exceptional communicator and can distill complexity and insights into simple solutions our customers will resonate with
- You have experience managing other people
- You have significant experience scaling digital products. You're excited to make a massive impact in a company that's gearing up for hypergrowth.
- Previous experience in classifieds, marketplaces or eCommerce is highly preferable
- You have sufficient overlap with Central European Time in your working day